Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-09-2005 , 06:16 AM
Banned

another appache tutorial

srry for posting up another wip of the appache tutorial, but i realy want to nail this model and would realy appreciate some crits user added image.
Some how i was able to get the school to buy this tutorial user added image and that is why my name is meredith (name of one of the teachers) could someone please help me out with changing my name, cant find out how to :headbang:
But anyways heres my progress sofar, great tutorial i'm realy liking it sofar! Cant wait to get to the weapons section, but i guess thats a while off user added image
Gotten up to part 5- this is what i have sofar - by the way i failed english and my spellings shocking! sorry about that.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-09-2005 , 09:22 AM
Banned
gone ahead and have tried modeling the nose differently, with some pictures i have found. Not looking too bad?

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by meredith; 23-09-2005 at 09:25 AM.
# 3 23-09-2005 , 09:32 AM
Banned
and also finished finished part 10 (engines) user added image coming along quite fast, need sleep though :headbang:
Hopefully i will be at the weapons in the next couple of days.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 23-09-2005 , 12:27 PM
Sorry for posting up another W.I.P of the apache tutorial, but I really want to nail this model and would really appreciate some crits .
Some how I was able to get the school to buy this tutorial and that is why my name is Meredith (name of one of the teachers) could someone please help me out with changing my name, cant find out how to
But anyways here’s my progress so far, great tutorial I’m really liking it so far! Can’t wait to get to the weapons section, but I guess that’s a while off
Gotten up to part 5- this is what I have so far - by the way I failed English and my spelling’s shocking! Sorry about that.

Haha. Sorry about that. NIce moddeling.

# 5 23-09-2005 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
Looks like your coming along fine. Are you learning from the tutorial? Kari shares alot of his thinking along the way...

Good to see that your experimenting by adding your take on things through the nose detail...

Keep posting.....

# 6 24-09-2005 , 10:21 PM
Banned
Yep awsome tutorial! Most of the stuff i already know, but the tutorials helping understand where and how to add cuts and stuff to bring out the detail, also i'm starting to think ahead about how to model something instead of trying something and working out its not goin to work user added image. anyways enough typing - got real sore fingures apparently from rsi somethink to do with wrong posture, meh
Heres what its looking after part 12, havnt had much time 2day. Could someone please show me how to get real nice renders while i'm going along, apart from these screenshots, like kbrown does in his renders at the bottom of this page link: https://www.simplymaya.com/newsletters/helecopter.html or if theres a better way of rendering than that then please tell me how to do it!
C&C are welcome

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 25-09-2005 , 10:32 AM
Banned

finished part 15

had a bit of time to finish off part 15 (the start of the coppit) got realy enoyed when maya unexpectintly quite on me and i lost 3 parts :headbang: :headbang:

# 8 25-09-2005 , 10:34 AM
Banned
helps if you attach the image...

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 26-09-2005 , 09:30 PM
Banned
Finished the windows, but i'm not happy with them :headbang: the geometry near the nose needs some working on.

Attached Images
# 10 26-09-2005 , 09:54 PM
Technical Director
Looks good so far Mark, Keep going! :attn:

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 11 29-09-2005 , 09:06 PM
Banned
Havent had much time, just finished part 22 which was doing the landing gear. Thanks for the comments!

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 30-09-2005 , 07:47 AM
Nicely detailed model, don't see much wrong. Only thing is the rear rudder looks a little off to me, I'm guessing the notch is supposed to be there but do they go from large to small? That's the only thing that caught my eye. Again awesome model!

# 13 01-10-2005 , 11:39 PM

this might help!!

here you go, I have all kinds of heli picks in my collection these two might help you out a little bit

Leland Webb

Webb Creative Arts

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 01-10-2005 , 11:42 PM

another pic

here is another one that I have of the tail, and does not look like there is a notch in the back. I hope this helps you out!

Leland Webb

Webb Creative Arts

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 02-10-2005 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber
The PNVS Turret needs to be about 2 to 3 times larger than it is...

Good work!