Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-05-2007 , 06:10 PM

Net model?

I am working with a programmer who is starting small with game design and code, and we are currently working on pong 3d, I have the paddles, ball and most of the table however I was just trying to think of some good approaches to modeling the net, I thought about just texturing a cubed rectangle but then it wouldn't be the proper way and I want to weed out bad habits. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Robert

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 2 04-05-2007 , 06:31 PM
Jr.Who

Re: Net model?

Originally posted by lordliquid
I am working with a programmer who is starting small with game design and code, and we are currently working on pong 3d, I have the paddles, ball and most of the table however I was just trying to think of some good approaches to modeling the net, I thought about just texturing a cubed rectangle but then it wouldn't be the proper way and I want to weed out bad habits. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Robert

The only thing that I can think of right now is if you model a plane, then texture it, and then put an alpha mask on it.
user added image

# 3 04-05-2007 , 06:48 PM
not a bad idea ill see how it turns out. thanks good sir user added image

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 4 04-05-2007 , 08:27 PM
I went with this, does it look ok to you?

Attached Thumbnails

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 5 04-05-2007 , 08:41 PM

# 6 04-05-2007 , 10:55 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by lordliquid
I went with this, does it look ok to you?

The net should be black, and can you render it closer?