Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 01-12-2010 , 10:17 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
AWSOME!!!

LOL

Well this looked great on my huge monitor here at work - good job and well done. It loads nice and fast too

Jayuser added image

# 17 01-12-2010 , 10:22 AM
me again...

just had a look around, the whole site is great and has been nicely thought out. I'll look forward to posting again when I get time

Jay

# 18 01-12-2010 , 10:27 AM
Administrator
Thanks for the nice comments, this type of design is quite tricky because you need to keep it clean and small things make a huge difference. It's still a WIP, many things will change over the next few days especially on the community side of things but it's just easier to do while the site's up. Also some of the elements on the front page like my links and resources don't work yet.

It's still not as fast as it should be. For the facebook page there's nothing there so it looks quite stupid atm, I'm doing it later tonight we just decided to do it all in one sweep and the site itself is more important.

# 19 01-12-2010 , 10:58 AM
Lifetime Member
BUGGER you Jay....I wanted to say it...you devil. AWESOME and its AWESOMNESS is so AWESOME...LOL...it is a rather nice Xmas present David and Nilla...well done.

cheers bullet

Onward and upward

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 20 01-12-2010 , 11:03 AM
LOL AWSOME!!

J

# 21 01-12-2010 , 11:07 AM
The Nurb Herd
site looks good, dont see a "like"button anywhere tho.

Last edited by honestdom; 01-12-2010 at 11:22 AM.
# 22 01-12-2010 , 11:40 AM
Lifetime Member
do we really need the button....I reckon I like it..FB then like it there too...LOL

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 23 01-12-2010 , 11:40 AM
what a nice surprise coming to simplymaya and seeing this new design.

Im a web and graphic designer and have to say, I like it.

My only slight crit would be the text on the forums that users post is ...not hard to read but not too clear. I would say a darker tone in the font colour on the lighter background would be a bit better.

Everything else is TOP! user added image

Well done everyone at SM.

# 24 01-12-2010 , 12:04 PM
Administrator
No "like" buttons, they were removed before the site went up. Again it's that thing about keeping clean design, it's very limited how much you can add before it gets cluttered or confused. The SM Facebook page will go up some time in the evening though so you all better come to Facebook and like us thereuser added image

Thanks s2-speedy, it's very nice to hear from a web designer. Dave designed the whole site and I did text and tutorial pages and we had quite a few heated discussions over some elements, he always wins in the end thoughuser added image

We're not done with the forums yet, I'm working on them now and I was thinking the same thing as you just mentioned. That text color is reflected throughout the whole site though and it's one of the things that connects the forum and tutorial pages so it creates a nice flow and transition. It works better on white for sure, I'll mention it to David later and see what we can do with it. Should be AWESOME!

# 25 01-12-2010 , 12:17 PM
The Nurb Herd
haha, not bothered about the like button. I was only kidding.

# 26 01-12-2010 , 12:19 PM
Yeah the grey font looks great on the white, its just when its on the light purple background. Its not really hard to read, just think a shade darker would be sweet. Im just being a bit picky though user added image

# 27 01-12-2010 , 12:37 PM
Administrator
The like button didn't seem to be too popular in the thread posted last week, haha. I've looked at sites that have it and I just don't get it, but I've never used Facebook up until the past few days either.

I am thinking about the grey font though, if you had bad eye sight it would probably be blending a bit too well. It's funny when you lay down the same color text on different color backgrounds how it sometimes come out looking like a completely different color, I noticed that a lot in the past few weeks.

# 28 01-12-2010 , 12:57 PM
The thin red line
My eye sight is not good (old age) and it is hard for me to see without glasses. A tad darker would help.........dave

# 29 01-12-2010 , 01:38 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Oooooo shiiiiny!!!!

I'm off to explore.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 30 01-12-2010 , 03:04 PM
Lifetime Member