Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-05-2004 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber

Maya Fatal Error

Ok... I started a new project... and when I try to zoom in (ALT+LMB+MMB) maya gives me a Fatal Error...

When I open an empty project it doesnt do that.. but when go back to the one I stared, it crashes w/ that message...

In the project I'm talking about, all I did was set up my image planes, resized them, and moved them..that's it...

any help?

-Emo

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-05-2004 , 02:51 PM
looks like a ram bottleneck or HD bottleneck...if you have huge image planes specially with modified alpha gains it will suck your system lifeless....give some specs of your system to figure it out

# 3 26-05-2004 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by leif3d
looks like a ram bottleneck or HD bottleneck...if you have huge image planes specially with modified alpha gains it will suck your system lifeless....give some specs of your system to figure it out

Dual AMD Opterons 244s (1.8GHz)

200GB HDD + 80 GB + 36GB Raptor

1GB DDR Registered PC2700

um... and a crappy GeForce 3 ti500 :o

I've never had this happen to me before so I dont know why it's doin that.. the image planes are not that big actually.. the reference pictures are 200 to 300 pixels so that's not really big...

-Emo

# 4 31-05-2004 , 04:52 AM
Hmmm. Wow. tough one. Do this:
Try starting another project doing the same thing. If it still does it, try using a different image for the image plane. At least that will narrow it down to weather or not it's the image file. Then we can go from there.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 31-05-2004 , 10:03 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dave_baer
Hmmm. Wow. tough one. Do this:
Try starting another project doing the same thing. If it still does it, try using a different image for the image plane. At least that will narrow it down to weather or not it's the image file. Then we can go from there.

Did that already and the same thing happens.... ONLY in the side view.... user added image

o well... it's not a biggie... it only happens when I use an image plane so I just wont put a sideview imageplane user added image

if anybody else has anything tell me...otherwise... thanks a lot for the help!!!

-Emo