Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-07-2004 , 06:40 AM

Manipulator go bye bye

Hey all

I'm new to MAYA so I've been messing around ALOT with the menus to see what I can see but I did something to the manipulator tool and I have no idea how to change it back. When I go to EXTRUDE a face the manipulator doesn't appear automatically anymore. I now have to manually activate a manipulator to start moving the selected face and its driving me nuts. Some one PLEASE tell me what the hell I've done so that I can undo it.

Thank you for any help

Dave

# 2 07-07-2004 , 08:01 AM
Subscriber
only possible solution i could find is to go to window>settings/preferences>preferences>manipulators and then under show manipulators, maybe you accidentally set it to none. When i tried to set it to none though, it didnt hide the manipulator tool, so im not sure if im helping you really out here, but its worth i try. Oh yeah, in the same window, its possible to set the sizes of the manipulators. When you set all these manipulators to their minimum value, the manipulator practically disappears. Maybe that's what you did... Well, hope you can solve your problem with this. If not, im sure someone else around here knows what you should do. good luck,

tiz

# 3 07-07-2004 , 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reply Tiz, but I tried those settings already. I can get a manipulator if I click on one after I hit EXTRUDE, but the cool rotate, scale, translate manipulator doesn't pop up on its own anymore. These are sad days ...

Dave

# 4 07-07-2004 , 03:10 PM
OK. I guess I toggled off the CONSTRUCTION HISTORY. Thats what seemed to do it. Whew! Jeez, I hate noobs.

Dave

# 5 08-07-2004 , 03:09 AM
19 year Veteran
Thats almost same thing that happend to me except my case was with the texture projection manipulators. Having the construction history off didn't effect my modeling manipulators, just my texturing manipulators. Thats odd how your's effected your modeling manipulators.