Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-12-2004 , 07:34 PM

GFX 6800 set up with Maya

Can anyone help me with setting up my card to use with Maya, the best settings for textures ??
What shouls I be concerned with?
Cheers
all
Merry Xmas

# 2 22-12-2004 , 09:19 PM
Maya no-likey GeForce cards... so you should have probably went with a Quadro card -- unless you're gaming aswell...

There are a few ways to change your 6800 into a, I believe its Quadro FX 4000 -- but that requires either rewriting nVidia drivers, or taking a soddering gun to it -- neither of which I believe you wish to do. (Every GeForce card has an equivalent Quadro, they just use the drivers to turn off high-end software and turn on gaming optimization software. Its like an AM/FM radio, two different things, can do both, you just need to flip the switch... unfortunately that switch voids your warrenty.

Other than that -- just do stuff normally... you'll probably only be using Software rendering anyway, so if you put up with the lighting calculations and such there's no real difference.

user added image

Its done with a GeForce 5700 Ultra -- woulda been the same if you did it with your card too.

# 3 23-12-2004 , 06:52 PM

works well

Hi mate cheers for the reply.
Well it seems to work very well anyway no problems what so ever, I was just wondering about the settings in the nvidea control panel as its not that clear what some of them do..
But using its defaults works fine. I use a qudro at work and its nice to have the application control feature where you select your 3d app in a list which turns on the best settings for the particular software package.

cheers mate