Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-08-2006 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber

maya error need help please!!

hi guys just put maya back on and theres something very wierd happening when I try and select a group of objects by drawing a square using the left mouse button it makes a wierd effect, take a look at my pic if you dont know what i mean. Ive reinstalled Maya about 4 times and deleted all files that could of been corrupted that are associated with Maya, any help please as I cant fix it

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-08-2006 , 05:05 PM
it looks like a graphics card error.... can you tell us what kind of graphics card you are using currently (if its the standard one, just say standard)

And ATI cards don't seem to agree with maya much. So if you have an ATI, that is probably the problem.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 28-08-2006 , 01:22 PM

Maya 7?

Hi,

i don't know why you guys jump for maya 7? Has A LOT of bugs...
and i have used it at my work (2XOpteron 64 dual core) and i had very very nasty problems that took a lot of time to fix. And i have sugested to my supervisor to use Maya 6, and since then EVERYTHING it's ok! (i've worked in maya 6 one year and half).
Conclusion: If you have plugs and stuff that goes ok on a previous version why canging it?Does it realy worth the price?I know that there are a lot of good stuff in 7 & 8, but also a lot of bugs that drive into late the whole pipeline.

# 4 28-08-2006 , 04:36 PM
actually AP,
maya 7 has less bugs than maya 6.5
it also no more bugs in it than any previous version of maya.
maya 8 however is a bit wierd, but still works for some people.
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 10-09-2006 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
as joopson said ATI does not agree with maya, i had to change cards because of problems with ATI

good luck, and also i agree, maya 8 is a bit wierd,, it will not hardware render with my nvidea quadro4 750XGL,

7 is great and 6.5 is great too but i feel like a test bunnie driving maya 8

user added image

oh yea, be careful with the size of thje pictures, i cant see the whole picture without scroling the frame. user added image

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 10-09-2006 at 01:08 PM.
# 6 10-09-2006 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
I'm running an ATI X1800 Pro, and I'm having no issues so far with Maya 7 Unlimited. I wasnt aware that ATI's were having trouble. hmmm.. will have to keep an eye on that.
First thing to do is make sure your drivers are up to date. What ever card your using, make sure its drivers are up to date. If the problem still comes up, then it may just be a compatibility issue as they said. Might be helpful to post your system stats as well.
Good luck.

# 7 10-09-2006 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
i had trouble with paint effects mainly and viewport problems. i had a 9600 XT, but it was a power colour, maybe not a good brand.

take it easy and life will be easy