Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 30-03-2008 , 04:38 AM
Isnt that a text parsing error (ATSMU)?

Try a reinstall or get in touch with nextlimit.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 62 30-03-2008 , 04:41 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
Isnt that a text parsing error (ATSMU)?

Try a reinstall or get in touch with nextlimit.

Yeah, I reinstalled it, and I deleted the prefs file that it was talking about, but it didn't work.

Gah, I hate contacting support people… :zzz:

# 63 30-03-2008 , 04:57 AM
tbh, With atuodesk I got support very quickly, within 24 hrs, but we've got a platinum membership, although the reply was lacking in some ways, it wasnt anything to do with an actual problem, it was an installation prob.

Get in contact, companies are usualy pretty good, you might need your customer ref before getting in contact.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 64 30-03-2008 , 07:43 AM
You're using a Mac, right?

Apparently the code crashes at row 466 in the qfontengine_mac class. That's either a bug in Maxwell or in QT (the GUI lib they use). I think you should report it to Next Limit.

My advice: use Windows. It just works.

:p

# 65 01-08-2008 , 02:35 AM
Jr.Who
OK, I did get Maxwell running again (forgot what the problem was, but I think it had to do with fonts…), but I've decided to abandon the project. I'm planning on going to college to major in game design, and I've never heard of anyone in the industry using Maxwell for games. I do love Maxwell art, but it just seems like I'm wasting my time using it.

# 66 01-08-2008 , 03:01 AM
pshhh, maxwell is great for presenting a model, so keep on chuggin' user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 67 02-08-2008 , 10:31 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Joopson
pshhh, maxwell is great for presenting a model, so keep on chuggin' user added image

Yeah, but I prefer HD pics over waiting a week for a tiny render. :p