Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 17-03-2010 , 01:04 AM
Lifetime Member
Great job on the stones Tom ..i think it brings it to life .
Wonderful work so far and its great that you have learned from it , i think i learn every time i work on anything and its the most satisfying part for me .

Looking forward to the final.
regards JS.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 47 17-03-2010 , 10:12 AM
The thin red line
Hi Tom
Thanks, The stone look good if I were to be picky I would say the line where the bricks meat the stone looks to straight other than that out standing work.............for a change Im going for a coffee and a fag.............dave

# 48 17-03-2010 , 11:39 AM
Subscriber
Jsprogg, thank you very much!! I think the learning is why I do this. I really do enjoy that! Wish I would have had this desire to learn as a young man!!

Dave, I don't know if I can change that line, but will try!!

Thanks, again, to you both for visiting my project and the help that you have been!!

HaHaHa!! Dave, coffee and a fag will put hair on your chest!! And I think I will have some myself since it is 4:30am!!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 49 21-03-2010 , 09:40 AM
Acid44
Still looks amazing man, a close up of the yellow ang green texture is in order!

i only always have nice things to say cause this is one of the few forums I frequent that i give a damn about being kicked off of :p well, that and that your work is always amazing

# 50 21-03-2010 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
Good morning everyone! I do hope that you have had a good weekend!

I really messed up the other day and have accidentally deleted the folder that I had this project in. I am really dissapointed in myself for such things. But I have the last render that I had posted here as an update, and will post it in Final. And the project would have just ended up on a storage drive anyway, but still frustrates me I did it!

Acid, you are really kind!! And I thank you! I would have given you the closeups you ask about, but can't now. You remember a year or more ago that they were going to post a warning about you!! ;-)

I want to thank everyone that has visited my project. I appreciate it so! And for the help that many have been. It would not have looked like this had you all not helped!! Thanks!!

Back to my coffee and smokes!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 51 21-03-2010 , 02:46 PM
Sorry to hear of you loss OHT.

I can feel your pain. I just recently lost over five years of work when a striped and MIRRORED disk appliance failed costly me to lose nearly a Terrebyte of data. :angery:

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 52 22-03-2010 , 12:40 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by oldhippie_tom
Acid, you are really kind!! And I thank you! I would have given you the closeups you ask about, but can't now. You remember a year or more ago that they were going to post a warning about you!! ;-)

A warning about me? What in hell did i ever do so bad? :p

i do not remember this lol user added image

# 53 22-03-2010 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber
Acid, just kidding you as I believe some were kidding you when they said it! Just ribbing you some!!

# 54 31-03-2010 , 09:37 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 55 01-04-2010 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
Thank you Mastone!! I appreciate that very much!!

Cheers to you also!!