Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-02-2003 , 11:09 PM

Gallery worthy?? (blue angels)

Hello. I have been working like crazy to get stuff done for my demo reel. I was up all day and night yesterday, and I have been working on this since, and its 5:00pm. I think I am almost done. This still needs tons of texturing to be correct, but I am more concerned with the animation for my demo reel. So. What do you think?? Good enough for the gallery? If you can't tell, it is supposed to be the Blue angels. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 22-02-2003 , 11:45 PM
Simply Maya OG
If I had to vote, Id vote it into the gallery.

- Hybrid
# 3 23-02-2003 , 12:15 AM
There great.. but put a back ground on them...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 23-02-2003 , 12:25 AM
nice modelling..... i will recommend it for the gallery too....
nice work once again dude....

# 5 23-02-2003 , 12:35 AM
Its going to be a while b4 I am going to be able to post a pic of the jets with a background. i am working on the Animation right now. THey come into formation, and then Do a barrel roll together, its kinda cool because they all say USNAVY on the bottom side of their wings. Well, i will try to post an image with a background within the week. I will also post a playblast of the avi, when it is ready to render. Thanks alot!
Brian Ellebracht

Please check
My (old) website!
# 6 23-02-2003 , 12:56 AM
Looks great! Like the noise. I just have one question. Whos flying the plane?

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 7 23-02-2003 , 01:02 AM
Didn't know that you could see that. user added image Nice catch. I am going to use the same piolts that I had in the F15, just change the color of their flight suits and their helmets, and I think it will look ok. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 8 23-02-2003 , 01:16 AM
Subscriber
Don't want to spoil anything, but the wheel well-doors are open.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 9 23-02-2003 , 02:18 AM
YEP!!! user added image Nice catch to. I have been working on it all night, so its actually alot different now. Can't wait to post the animation, in my own opinion, the animation will turn out to be alot more realistic than my Jeep animation. user added image user added image user added image user added image I have sound and stuff that Matches up pretty well. I will post it asap. I rhink you will be surprised, My goal is to have it done by tomorrow. user added image

BTW I will have a much better Pic to post for the gallery in the next day or so. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 10 23-02-2003 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber
That looks awesome! I'd love to see yer demo reel if you ever put it up online in wmv or mpeg etc.

# 11 23-02-2003 , 05:52 AM
I totally redid the textures, only one left, witch is the stripe down the middle.. What do you think?? I also added a Pilot, but you obviously can't see him in this pic. I will post another image in about an hour, I am on my way to my GF's house for a break. Please let me know what you think. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 12 23-02-2003 , 05:54 AM
BTW they all say the #4 right now, just because I copied the plane 3 times just for the image, changing the #'s will be really easy. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 13 23-02-2003 , 08:48 PM
Simply Maya OG
You should make the T-Birds next. user added image

- Hybrid
# 14 25-02-2003 , 04:09 PM
Here is an animation Playblast test, actual clip is really 4 sec long, and I have 5 different shots like this for my reel, how do you think it looks?? Has sound

Brian

F18 test2.avi

Please check
My (old) website!
# 15 25-02-2003 , 04:30 PM
Here is what it looks like rendered. Trying to make it look realistic. How's it look? Any sugestions??
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!