Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-08-2006 , 01:40 PM

texturing a patch modelled surface

Hi, I've followed a tutorial on patch modeling and all went well but now I have a stitched model made of separate nurbs surfaces and I'm unsure how to apply a continuous texture across the surface? In cases where my texture has any detail or pattern, it's applied separately to each surface of the patch model and there's no continuity across seams.

I've tried projecting a texture with a projection node. I could change the surface to polygons but they're both work arounds and I wondered if there's any way to apply a single continuous texture to a stitched nurbs surface or any way to attach the stitched surfaces together to act as one?

I can't find any info on this, hope my question makes sense. I appreciate that there are other ways to model with subD and Polys but I wanted to try out different methods including patch modeling to find the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Cheers - Edwin.