Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-11-2006 , 07:41 AM
Subscriber

wierd rendering problem, help?

Hi,

<<I posted this in the Technical forum but not sure if it's the right forum and no one has been able to know the answer by the looks of things>>

I have this very strange problem going on when I render my animation. It has 190 frames and when I render them out to TGA files and open the images in a program like Videomach, the images come out completely different to the frames they correspond with.

For example, say at frame 50, in my actual animation, I have the character with his hand on the table, but when this is rendered out at frame 50, the image shows the character say, with his hand off the table. It's like Maya has rendered out a completely different scene file to my actual animation because the images which are supposed to correspond to the specific frames in Maya are just coming out with different animation poses etc.

I'm really not sure what's going on. I'm also using Maya Software. Plus the first 15 frames of my animation when rendered out to TGAs, show my character's hand going through the wall! This does not make sense when his hand is clearly plastered to the wall. (When I first load up the scene, his hand is going through the wall, like what it looks like when the scene is rendered out to TGAs in the first 15 frames, but when I scrub through the 2nd frame and back, the hand is then plastered to the wall - I'm not sure if it's a graphics problem or a Maya bug problem).

Interestingly though if I render out a single frame,one by one within Maya of the actual frame itself, it comes out the same, but hey, I don't think I have the patience to sit there and render each frame - I will be there all day! If I do a playblast, that also works fine and is true to the animation that I've done.

Can anyone with specific knowledge or experience know what the heck is going on with my rendering? I really don't know how to fix the problem, I don't know what the problem is.

I'm using Maya 7.
My PC specs are 3.4 ghz, 2gb ram, 256mb 6800 Geforce card.

Please can someone help?

Thanks, g.

# 2 21-11-2006 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
check your frame rate in both applications. Not saying it will fix the wall thing, but check to make sure.

This happened to me when i rendered it out as tga files for vid mach. Turned out i was rendering it as 30 fps, but in vid mach it was 24 fps, and i kept changing it to joy, so i went to every option in vid mach and made sure my frame rate mtched mayas.

Let me know.

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130