Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-04-2003 , 05:00 PM

the jaw problem (nurbs)

hello , i have a problem , i am a noob , and i need some help..

https://www.boomspeed.com/nanren/jaw.jpg

as you can see this is a jaw , it looks very thin , and fragile , it looks breakable , not really realistic and natural..
I wanted to make it look thicker , which technic or way is the best to make it look thicker....

thanks for helping me out..:banana:

RWS
# 2 29-04-2003 , 05:11 PM
The Maya Mountain
when making anything, it will, for the most part, simply be a shell of geometry. For my Toon guy (my avatar) his skin is paper thin as well, but by adjusting the surface and creating the lip which turn into the mouth, it simulates having thickness... hope that makes sense.

# 3 02-05-2003 , 04:42 PM
I am a really dumb person , i do not understand , please explain it again ... sorry for the trouble..

RWS
# 4 02-05-2003 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
Hes saying, if you model a box.. its going to be hollow, as there are 6 polygons. Lets just say you put another box above that... it technically now has thickness. So if you modelled a cylinder and chopped off the top, it would look quite thin.. if you extruded inwards and made a barrel.. you would have thickness to your object user added image. So if you took your geometry there, and duplicated it. and then scaled it bigger or smaller, you could then join the edges and have a (thick) jaw user added image.. hope that makes sence. BTW, do you have an alienware computer... or if not, which skin are you using for windows? Thanks user added image. If you still dont understand.. then let me know and i will make you some images to explain ok?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 02-05-2003 , 08:50 PM
Ooh Now i understand , yeah !! hooah!

Thanx for spending time on me , i now go to work this out , you will soon see the result.

Yes I have a alienware computer , i downloaded that skin to suit my pc , it looks more suitebale instead of the standard XP teletubby landscape desktop....

RWS
# 6 03-05-2003 , 08:05 AM
Subscriber
Hehehh, i agree postal user added image. Just i dont have an alienware skin.. i have more of just a technical dark theme.. similar to yours.. i prefered yours though. Anyways, hows the alienware machine workin out for ya?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 04-05-2003 , 12:28 AM
Hi again M , i really hate the teletubby landscape desktop from bill , its annoying it gives me a immature feeling..
The alienmachine? haven't seen any problems with the framerates , thank god ..
But the sad thing is , i think i can't play doom 3 , cuz my 9000 ati radeon card isn't powerfull enough to produce 30 f/s.

ok i go back to work now , see you :banana:

RWS