Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-03-2005 , 08:02 AM
Subscriber

March/April - Norm - AlphaFlyte

Meet sweet Sister Mary. Quick concept so 3D image won't be as stylized. Hopefully more mechanical and droid like hehe.

Anyways, she has four arms so that she can take really good care of you while monitoring your EKG on a display on the torso. She rolls around the hospital halls on a wheel while whistling "Down the blue Bayou". *chuckle*

Retro sci-fi fitting the bot with big knobs and old school robotics and display.

Attached Images

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 19-03-2005 at 05:23 PM.
# 2 15-03-2005 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber
And thus the modeling has begun. Lower body start. It's kinda humm... generic and boring. I'll try to spice up your life somehow.

Attached Thumbnails

The Salvation Prophecy
# 3 18-03-2005 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
its not that boring, but im lookin forward to ur modifications to ur lower bodyuser added image

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 4 19-03-2005 , 10:45 AM
Subscriber
Aye mods, cables, details will come on last. That's the fun part afterall hehe. Still at a blocking in stage. I'm afraid it will look very boring for a little while longer user added image

Small update, started on arms. I'm trying to keep in mind that the parts can animate, move and rotate properly. How and where to connect joints

Aiming to make a robot that looks like it could actually function as well hehe. This is new ground to me so I'm learning a lot already on how you need to think your design through with both these goals in mind.

Attached Thumbnails

The Salvation Prophecy
# 5 19-03-2005 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
starting out great. keep at it. and yeah it acualy able to move is nice.

# 6 19-03-2005 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber

More robotics for Mrs. Robo

This arm could actually function and it's very retro. It will be placed on her back or on one of the sides. I can't decide before I've toyed with some proof of concepts. I have a trouble deciding what I want in general lol.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy
# 7 19-03-2005 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber

Humour

Since we're getting technical I might as well post the referrence guide any physician shouldn't be without.

PS: I hope this post isn't offending anyone. We have a very open mind to the human body in Sweden, but I know that's not the case all over the world. Meant for a laugh only.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy
# 8 19-03-2005 , 07:03 PM
That's hilarious!:p

# 9 21-03-2005 , 01:43 AM
Subscriber
Arm is moving wheeee.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy
# 10 21-03-2005 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
im likin it soo far, keep it up man

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 11 21-03-2005 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
Arm Three of four possibly 5 user added image don't get nightmares now.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy
# 12 21-03-2005 , 07:32 AM
Subscriber
Got the look down, but I seriously need some engineering classes haha. How does things connect, function and how on earth will this needle ever inject? Didn't give this enough thought before modeling. Lesson learned. Don't model anything without a proper plan. Back to the drawing board.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy
# 13 21-03-2005 , 07:50 AM
Subscriber
I thought the arm looked pretty cool. The plunger assembly might not be visible because of the sleeve holding the syringe. Technically accurate would be nice, but I don't think it is required, and things that may make it accurate, might not appear in the model anyway, since many components would be internal. Like how would you model it's "bedside manner" algorythym?

BTW, when will your web site be fully constructed?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 14 23-03-2005 , 02:49 AM
Subscriber
scarry arm ! I like.
and I love the cival enganering pic

# 15 23-03-2005 , 07:39 AM
Subscriber
Arms somewhat done for now. Still have a shoulder joint for the needle arm to do. Everything rotates and moves nicely but there are no constraints set up yet. I'll finish the modeling and then look into all of that stuff. Design wise I'll give it a couple of days then go over and evaluate the look and feel of the arms. It's on to the torso next.

mhcannon: Probably not in a couple of months time yet. There's nowt much to show and I'm working on a backbone in php so I won't have to spend too much time updating the web once it's done. I'm just a hobbyist and learning more about graphics everyday so the web is not that important to me. It will mainly be there to show my progress and experiments for similar minded hehe.

Pony: hehe user added image Remind me not to apply the same formula to the horse's trumpet, youknowwhaddaymean.

Attached Thumbnails

The Salvation Prophecy