Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 04-03-2006 , 03:47 AM
Subscriber

Move,Rotate,Scale

How can I make my Move, rotate, And scale tools appear in the side, front, and top view?

# 2 04-03-2006 , 05:27 PM
i have the same problem:hug:

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 04-03-2006 , 05:30 PM
Think its your graphics card's guy's, I had that prob when I tried to use maya with a PC with an intergrated graphics card, when I first started out!! Installed a new one and its fine.

Think thats what it might be

What graphics cards you got?

# 4 04-03-2006 , 05:34 PM
i have an NVidia Geforce 5600, I DIDNT HAVE THIS problem until i had to reinstall Maya

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 04-03-2006 , 05:38 PM
Try reinstalling the graphics cards drivers.

PS - I didnt know that you had reinstalled Maya or what graphics card you had to start with, alas I aint psychic.

# 6 04-03-2006 , 06:56 PM
I find it very hard to believe that it would be the graphics card when the tools show up in the prespective view . . . . There is no logic to that arguement. I am more inclined to believe that it is a MEL scripting error, or (worse yet) a internal coding error within Maya). More likely a MEL scripting error . . . . the tool shows up in one window, but not the other three . . . It would probably be solved by either updating MAYA or finding the coding in MEL for the windows and comparing to find out what the PERSPECTIVE window coding is doing that the other three are not. . . .

That's my 2 cents, for whatever it is worth. :bandit:

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 7 04-03-2006 , 07:18 PM

Originally posted by skywola
I find it very hard to believe that it would be the graphics card when the tools show up in the prespective view . . . . There is no logic to that arguement. I am more inclined to believe that it is a MEL scripting error, or (worse yet) a internal coding error within Maya). More likely a MEL scripting error . . . . the tool shows up in one window, but not the other three . . . It would probably be solved by either updating MAYA or finding the coding in MEL for the windows and comparing to find out what the PERSPECTIVE window coding is doing that the other three are not. . . .

That's my 2 cents, for whatever it is worth. :bandit:

I was speaking from experiance, it happend to me, unless of course my card caused a fault in MEL, which I doubt, also someone else asked this question and installing the latest graphics card drivers worked for them???

# 8 04-03-2006 , 08:12 PM
I fixed it, and did not change a THING for my graphics card. . . .

I looked in the Maya help file, found the way to access the tool settings . . . i.e. . .

1. Click a tool in the toolbox to make it active.

2. Double-click a tool to show the tool's options panel.

I did not have to change any settings . . . I just double-clicked the
tool with the four panels open, and voila, my tools all appeared in every window . . . . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche