Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-08-2004 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber

choping off a arm

Hey, In the project I am working on I want to have a character that gets his arm cut off. My question: how would I go about having his arm attached to his body in the first few frames and then coming off in the next few frames?

Thanks in advance...

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 2 30-08-2004 , 10:54 AM
Subscriber
easyest way would be to have the character just as you normaly would. animate up to that point where arm gets cut off. thin swap the geo with a copy of that charicter riged but with geo missing for his arm.. and a copy of his arm with a small rig in it.. usefull for falling..

Makeing a character whos arm could fall off later. All in one character is rather dificult. Getting the seam and cut that could acure not to be visible or couse artifacts in the frames befor the arm gets cut of.

hope this all makes sence .

# 3 30-08-2004 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, although its going to be tough animating several of these types of characters at once.... user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 4 02-09-2004 , 11:06 PM
well ive never detached body parts in maya but im sure hes right bout that being easyest was... using anim8or though all u do is jus animate it pulling away from the skeloton.

Quin... Nope not going to remember that... Hm angry black guy... Thats all i got... What bout u chair guy?...