Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-05-2004 , 06:49 AM

May- Newbie- Plane

I Am Tha Newb, that should be my SN but hey we all gotta start somewhere right? I installed Maya 5.0 unlimited about a week ago, been trying to find tutorials ever since, and i finally found this wonderful site. Anyways, i was assigned a drawing of trench warfare in my World Studies class and instead i did a 3-D image. While starting this image i discovered the newbie competition thing, figured hey why the hell not :p So here it is, The Hawker Hurricane. I most likely have no chance of winning, but oh well. This is my first ever model. and if its supposed to be a human figure, sorry, mines a human figure.... in... plane... format.... right. The "Killer Hurricane" as it was called stopped the nazis during the battle of britain (no offense to any nazis in this forum user added image ) Just some background info. uhhh. I had fun making it, and if anyones interested in how my big explosion scene turns out... just ask i can post when i get it all done
-ThaGuvNa

https://forum.simplymaya.com/attachme...?postid=118261

Attached Images
File Type: bmp planeentry.bmp (900.1 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by IAmThaGuvNa; 30-05-2004 at 07:38 AM.
# 2 30-05-2004 , 03:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
You might want to read the challenge rules next time...

# 3 30-05-2004 , 04:35 PM
srry bout that...