Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-07-2005 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber

Toggle X-Ray

I'm trying to find the Mel script that the instructors at simply maya use to toggle the x-ray setting while modeling. I have found numerous scripts using google, and have also found the two scripts in simply maya scrpit section but I want the exact version used by the instructors here, if anyone knows where to get this please let me know.

# 2 05-07-2005 , 04:01 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Why the hell u're searchin' for a mel thet toggles X-ray?

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 05-07-2005 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
I want the mel so that I can change from shading to x-ray quickly and easily without go through the menu's every time.

# 4 05-07-2005 , 04:54 PM
Just pick one of the scripts and use it. There are only two commands for xray view: one for the entire view and one for the selected object. All the variations call one of those.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 11-07-2005 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
dannyngan

which scripts folder do I put your toggle x-ray mel. file into. Then how do I create a shortcut with it.

# 6 12-07-2005 , 01:22 AM
you have to put it in the scripts folder under the main maya folder (normally it's located in your "my documents" folder.......my documents/maya/scripts)...once you put the script in there...you go into maya...and type in the file name of the script...in this case it's the toggle x-ray..in the command line followed by a ";".....you then hightlight the text ( toggleXray; ) and middlemouse button drag it onto your shelf...then voila...this is of course assuming you are using dannygan's script found on his site...hopefully that helped
TheAnswerRP03

# 7 12-07-2005 , 06:59 AM
For future references, be sure to either look at the readme files that accompany scripts or open the scripts themselves in a text editor (NotePad works just fine). They usually contain directions for installing and using scripts.

Just a friendly RTFM. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job