Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-10-2006 , 10:47 PM
Simply Maya OG

Bevel Plus trouble.....

Im trying to Bevel Plus two CV curves. Both curves are completed/closed, so theres no gaps in the curves at all. Both curves are level along the Y axis, so its flat. When I try to Bevel Plus the two, I keep getting this error. My work history is turned OFF, and I selected the outter curve first, and the curves dont cross each other. Any help?

// Error: bevelPlus1 (Bevel Plus Node): The first curve must be outside other curves //
// Warning: You have an empty result since history is on. You may want to undo the last command. //
// Result: bevelPolygon13 bevelPlus1 //
// Error: bevelPlus failed - open script editor for details //

- Hybrid
# 2 01-11-2006 , 09:53 PM
Simply Maya OG
12 views...and no response? This place used to be SO helpful....now it feels so useless....:zzz:

- Hybrid
# 3 02-11-2006 , 08:06 AM
You can only use the Bevel command on closed curves so your cuves are not closed properly. To give an example, just create a circle curve or a square curve or a text curve and then try the Bevel Plus command on that. If it works you'll know your curves are not closed well.

Your not trying to do a Birail are you? Which is in the same menu just a little higher.

Attached Images

...and that is how I saved the world.

Last edited by dockode; 02-11-2006 at 08:20 AM.
# 4 02-11-2006 , 08:21 AM

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
12 views...and no response? This place used to be SO helpful....now it feels so useless....:zzz:

Well I read your post, didnt know what was wrong as you apeared to have everything right so didnt respond.

Chill out a bit...

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle