Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-03-2009 , 07:56 AM
Subscriber

editting set driven keys after they've been made

how do i edit set driven keys after they have been made?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 07-03-2009 , 10:41 AM
What do you want to do?

You can use the graph editor to adjust the keys.

If its change drivers/driven have a look in the help files as it tells you in there.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 07-03-2009 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber
i wanted to add another thing for it to drive...

while on the topic of set driven keys how do i duplicate the model with all the control curves and skeletons and set driven keys and keep the set driven keys?
they seem to be specific with the name of the objects

is there a way to copy the set driven keys too?

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 4 08-03-2009 , 02:12 PM
to duplicate an object and its driver and relevant connections you need to duplicate special> and make sure duplicate input graph and assign unique names to child nodes is on. If you want to just duplicate the driver and not the driven but retain the sdk connections do the same but select duplicate input connections.

To edit set driven keys you can just use the sdk creation panel to set new keys or key over old ones or go in the hypergrah and select the anim curve node between the driver and the driven and edit it in the graph editor.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 08-03-2009 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
thanks Laurie!