Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-06-2008 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber

NURBS merge vertices equivalent

Hi

I've starting modeling a character using NURBS and starting with a primitive cylinder. I've started fleshing out my characters body but I stuck with two holes at either end. Basically I looking for a way to merge the vertices so there aren't holes anymore. I know how to do it with polygons but with NURBS it's a mystery any help would be great

Cheers

Attached Images

Ignorance is bliss
# 2 08-06-2008 , 05:27 PM
Lifetime Member
There is no way per say to merge the cv's of NURBS patch together.
You have to understand that a nurbs surface is a 4 sided patch and even though you have a primitve that is a cylinder it is still made up from a 4 side patch curving around to take the shape of a tube which is why you always have an open edge on the tube , so the best you can do is scale the cv's so they are close together but it can't be merged.

You can however join two patches together to make a single larger patch but you still have to get your head around that whatever shape it is, it will still only have 4 sides ( U and V directions ).

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner