Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-01-2009 , 04:09 PM

MAXWELL RENDEING SET UP.. HELP

HI GUYS.. am working on a walkthru project for my thesis and i need settings for maxwell rendering to make it render faster.. i've attached the pic of the scene i wanna create... CAN ANYBODY LET ME KNOW THE SETTINGS.. MPLZZZZZZZZZZZ

Attached Images
File Type: bmp maxell rendrin2.bmp (18.8 KB, 156 views)
# 2 26-01-2009 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
Never used the Maxwell Renderer before but it looks like the render is an 'ambient occlusion' pass, maybe look into that for a start.

Chris

# 3 26-01-2009 , 10:09 PM
The Nurb Herd

Re: MAXWELL RENDEING SET UP.. HELP

Originally posted by reebapiya
i need settings for maxwell rendering to make it render faster..

maxwell is probably the slowest renderer going... good luck trying to render a frame in less than 4 hours. :p

# 4 27-01-2009 , 03:49 AM
I agree with bending is cool. You're better off doing an ambient occlusion render.

# 5 27-01-2009 , 09:27 AM
Senior Software Developer
Stick with Mental Ray to be honest... Although you may need to work a little harder to get your look just right with Mental Ray. Its not worth the time and effort to get Maxwell and Maya to integrate correctly to get a faster fix and less tweaks.

Don't reinvent the wheel, MR does the job better that Maxwell imho and no stupid 3rd party installs user added image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 28-01-2009 , 01:30 PM
I disagree with everything you just wrote...

# 7 28-01-2009 , 01:52 PM
Senior Software Developer
I knew you would DJ user added image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)