Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-07-2003 , 07:10 PM

Dusting off my Rusty Skills

Hey Guys,

Not only am I back, but i am looking at honing my completely rusty skills, i have a feeling like its going to be like re-learning everything all over again. But School is approaching fast in the fall and i need to get ready so i am not overwhelmed with the requests they make of me. So I was wondering if you could help me with a few basic tutorials and tips, i am interested mostly in Polygon - SubD modelling so if a few beginner ones are out there on the net, or any of you Guru's wouldnt mind helping me, that would be awesome.

Heres hoping i can finally hone my skill so i can create something nice in Maya (or perhaps i am to self critical, you know what they say, an artist is his own worse critic.)

Also i need a tutorial or some tips on Fake GI and rendering (Brian Ellebracht's Robot + EEV Is a great example of what i am looking to learn.)

Anyways guys, take care of yourselves and thanks in advance for any help you provide user added image

-Imperator :bgreen:

# 2 06-07-2003 , 08:40 PM
Mate, you know the drill ... go for the SM free ones first, then go for the VIP ones ... got some more dough? then go for the Gnomon ones ... perhaps AliasWavefront´s afterward .. and uhh. Lot´s of reading too. user added image

# 3 06-07-2003 , 08:41 PM
Be sure to use F1 a lot also. user added image