Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-03-2006 , 08:39 AM

WWII Torture Scene

Created this for a shading and lighting class. Probably took about 25-30 hours to this point. I could probably do it in about 6 or so now. That was my first time ever shading and lighting anything, and it's slow going as you have to render to check every so often (glows and IPR don't mix!).

Also, this was all done in nurbs, so there was no UV work.

It may be a little dark, but it looked fine on the LCD I used as well as my home CRT. Full screen helps a ton.

I still want to do so much to it. At one point I had blood spattered on the chair, and the texture wasn't just stretching, but the light affected it differently, so I wanted to start over with a switch utillity. However, we all have deadlines.

Edit: The gas mask was the last thing I got around to, so it didn't get much time. The white filter inside is a tad too white, and I removed the straps so they weren't going through the geometry. Other than that, it doesn't look scuffed enough.

C&C welcome.
Thanks.

Edit: sorry about the pic size, here you go: https://img486.imageshack.us/img486/2268/slfinal4rg.jpg

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."

Last edited by Lifire; 13-03-2006 at 02:00 AM.
# 2 12-03-2006 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
ah very nice work, great texturing and lighting mate u got a good mood there. user added image

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 3 12-03-2006 , 06:11 PM
Subscriber
dude looks nice
gd txts and lighting
like the fack u scratched the swatch (spelling) on the table
only thing i dont like is the chair it seems too block but its not major

ps the mods wont like the pic being that big

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 4 13-03-2006 , 02:03 AM
Yeah, wish I could have spent more time modeling for this scene.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 5 15-03-2006 , 05:39 PM
Good work mate - not really my thing, but I can appreciate what you are trying to do here. I really like the camera angle - it really unsettles the viewer and so naturally lends to your subject matter.