Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 09-01-2003 , 08:34 PM
Just to make it quick, I cheated on the composite, although, shadows really aren't that hard... you just make a nurbs plane, use the sculpt surf tool, and mold it to the shape you want, give it a use background shader, and export it as a .tga that way it keeps the alpha channel for your transparant materials and your shadow. Here is the original pic, didn't make the shadows, just modified this pic by erasing the original jeep and added my jeep.
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 32 10-01-2003 , 02:20 PM
Hey guys decided i wanted to model the Explorer as well. "yikes"
So... I was wondering if I could ask for some help, maybe if you could find some images of the Explorer? I can't seem to find any. thanks alot,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 33 10-01-2003 , 02:23 PM
Subscriber
Try GOOGLE - and in the IMAGES search engine - just type the name of what you'r e looking for - I find it a hard to bit tool

:-)

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 34 10-01-2003 , 02:28 PM
tried it thanks, but there aren't any images, but really small ones, (smaller than 320x240). But thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 35 10-01-2003 , 02:35 PM
Subscriber
Brian

Did you model the Jeep in Polys or NURBS or both? I always find creating curves to loft in Maya a bit of a pain in the *rse compared to using splines in some other programs. Perhaps I am using the wrong method EP Tool rather than CV tool.

Also, are the treads on the tyres bump or displacement maps or did you model them like that?

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 36 10-01-2003 , 03:14 PM
the tires are all geometry, but I didn't model them. I Just textured them. As far as the Jeep, Started with the basic shapes using Nurbs. Converted to Polys afterwards to add details and bouleons. Umm... started to work on the explorer, changed my mind. don't feel like modeling another vehicle, to much time. Anyone know if there if a decent model of a late model explorer anywhere? Don't really care what year, I would definetly prefer a late 90's one though. I found a 93 explorer, but the quality of the model sucks. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 37 10-01-2003 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
Have you tried Turbo Squid? I know you have to pay. You could try 3D Cafe for free models. Hope that helps...user added image

Gazzamataz
# 38 10-01-2003 , 05:30 PM
Thanks, tried TurboSquid, they had a really really nice Escape, but no Explorer. Oh well. Not that big of a deal, instead I decided to work on my jeep some more. Please let me know what you think guys, with or with out the top?? Here is a version of if I just made fooling around, with out a top and custom roll bars. Please let me know what you think. THanks,
Brian

Oh yeah, haven't modeled the seats yet, but I do have the inside of the doors and stuff modeled.

Please check
My (old) website!
# 39 10-01-2003 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
Care to show us how you go about NURBS modelling those fenders and the bonnet. I kinda think I can work it out but a few tips wouldn't go amiss! :banana:

Gazzamataz
# 40 10-01-2003 , 05:52 PM
Sure but don't mean to sound stupid, but what is "bonnet" sorry. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 41 10-01-2003 , 05:52 PM
Its just lofting for the fenders, if you want I can post the wires, (alot of wires)
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 42 10-01-2003 , 08:23 PM
Decieded to try and make it dirty! Very hard for me, of the three years doing 3d, I have never really made a texture. Yikes, But its turning out better than I thought, still needs tons and tons of work, but it can give U an idea of where i am at, sorry about the stretching on the hood, didn't notice it untill it was finnished rendering i will fix it in a bit, thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 43 10-01-2003 , 08:35 PM
NICE!!!

What rendering technique are you using?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 44 10-01-2003 , 09:37 PM
Here is the latest muddy jeep, just about finnished, gotta add a bump to the bumpers, wheels and tires, i think thats about it. Let me know what you think, THanks,
Brian

BTW I am rendering with GI_Joe

Please check
My (old) website!
# 45 10-01-2003 , 09:47 PM
I think it's a bit too bumpy or grainy. Maybe some motion blur would help. Otherwise I think you on the right track. I like the model and the texturing otherwise...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!