Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-10-2010 , 04:52 PM
Subscriber

Need work

My god i am hating the UK at the mo. Another job lost because they have gone bust - that`s 6 in a row for me now ARRRRRRRRRRRR - and just before christmas and my hoiladay to Florida in Jan.

Anyone working in the UK know of any 3D work going as I am sick of freelance and shop jobs, anywhere, any rate (within reason), any aspect.

# 2 30-10-2010 , 07:14 PM
SM Tea Boy
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Can't help I'm afraid i got out of the UK 5 years ago.

Best of luck in your job hunting.
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 30-10-2010 , 08:24 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Wow that sucks that happened to me once i couldnt get out of bed for two days
Now have you thought of starting your own business or applying for jobs at advertising agencies as freelance(yeah i remember you hating it )

# 4 31-10-2010 , 01:17 AM
Lifetime Member
Shit thats just not cricket tweety...sorry to hear that mate. Its the same here in Oz...the only jobs are in the mines...not much else. Plenty of holes in the ground export iron ore or retail to get the money from the blokes workin in the mines.

Shit mate I hope you find something soon...I know from mates here and FB around the world cant get work. We Aussies are lucky I guess....just dig another hole and presto...work.

Sincerely hope you get something mate

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 01-11-2010 , 05:01 PM
The Nurb Herd
do you have a showreel? what sort of 3D work are you after?

# 6 01-11-2010 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
ideally modelling - low/high poly - don`t care but would take almost anything even running or testing - just want to work out of retail. Location is also not a problem at the mo as well.

My showreel is being reworked as I speak but my last one is here ... but youtube has messed the start up (its all grey - not sure why) - rendering stuff out and going over some older stuff making it look fresh.

Please anyone feel free to pass on these files to any one looking to hire someone

Show reel (current)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNEFpfaBbQ

CV link here

www.ravage3d.com/images/NeilRobertsCV.doc