Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-02-2003 , 09:42 PM

modeling text?

Just wondering, but is there a good way to model text without plug ins? Max user here switching to Maya. I know i have to get out of the max mentality, but lets say i wanted to duplicated a logo and I could not find the font i needed. (and i do not want to pick any regular font and move around the points to make it look right) Is there a way to draw out the smooth outlines of the text logo and do something like extrude it, (like max). There's gotta be an easy to do 3d texts in maya.
(sorry i'm asking a lot of questions, but i'm trying to pick up this program by myself and i have no one to teach or train me. But i have purchased a lot of books though.)

# 2 13-02-2003 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber
You may want to import a logo created under illustrator ? Is that what you mean ?
If it is, i am afraid you'll have to install an appropriate plugin...

Today man, tomorrow bird...i already have the plumage
# 3 13-02-2003 , 10:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
if you do find the font you want, you can use the Create > Text > Options. Choose polygons, make the density settings to your liking, and extrude the results.