Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-03-2003 , 01:17 AM
Subscriber

Downloading tut's in OS X

Hi, I normally used to download the tutorials in Win2k with no probs but my flatmate just bought an ibook and seeing as the universities library has an incredibly fast connection *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* I thought I'd get a few of the larger tutorials that i've really been wanting to download from the library on the ibook, but when I try and download them it ends up downloading a *.pl file which I have no idea what it is, its the same size as the tutorial but I cant open it, ive tried renaming its extension to a zip like all the rest but no go. Is this a problem with the the IE for mac or just the simplymaya server not liking sending to macs? Any ideas how to fix this?

# 2 24-03-2003 , 01:50 AM
Principle
Rename to .zip should work basically the file is the same when downloaded on a Mac it just ends up with the wrong file extension.

opps posted with a test account user added image

David user added image

# 3 05-04-2003 , 06:06 AM
Subscriber
Ok I had a crack at that and basically its a no go.... when i download a file it calls it vip_download.pl , so i just go ahead and save it anyway.... xfer it over to my pc from the imac, rename it to a .zip but when i try and extract it i get an error, apparently the file iscorrupt.... any ideas? Happens whenever I try this...

# 4 05-04-2003 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber

.pl on mac

i had the same problem on a mac using system 9.2.1 - got round it by just dragging the .pl file onto stuffit expander v6.0, and hey presto - windows movie gets unstuffed

hope this helps,
tony

# 5 06-04-2003 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
problem solved cheers tony.