Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 23-06-2003 , 06:30 PM

Wow!

That is remarkable!!!

Wow!!

-SuperDave71

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 17 23-06-2003 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
Absolutely stunning!

only crit besides the ear thingie .. the chest was way better before you pulled it out.. now he has flat tits instead of that male chest user added image

anyways AWESOME modelling!

Kim Rotbøl-Larsen

www.rotbol.dk
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 W.I.P
# 18 23-06-2003 , 07:32 PM
"the chest was way better before you pulled it out.. now he has flat tits instead of that male chest "

I don't know, if he makes the guys Arms and stuff as muscular as his chest, I thik it would look pretty cool! Great work!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 19 23-06-2003 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
I would go back to the last render,, before the chest movment,, less is more I think,, then what the hell do I know,,heheuser added image

# 20 23-06-2003 , 10:23 PM
Hi,

Yes, Your right about the chest and tits. I 'm going to redo the chest completely and try and get better edge loops to define the muscle around the upper chest and shoulder area.

Thanks again.

Here is a 'boob' reference pic. NB. this is only reference for the chest and shoulders.

re Jim

Attached Thumbnails

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 21 24-06-2003 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
good cuz the chest/shoulders of this dude are good but the arms are problematic.

great character - looking forward to more development

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 22 24-06-2003 , 02:16 PM
Hi,

Another update, I redid the entire upper torso and shoulder area.

Still having huge problems with boobs. I'm trying to get a nice upper chest 'boob' area that will animate well when I move the shoulders and arms around.

Help please.

re Jim

Attached Thumbnails

# 23 24-06-2003 , 02:27 PM
Take a few of the edges out around the lower pec area, that should smooth it out just enough to get a line but not a hard edge...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 24 24-06-2003 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
Looking very nice- I agree with Kurt you might want to soften the edge under the pectoral and build up the muscle directly beneath it. It looks a little stuck on at present whereas the definition in rl is more progressive. You could try some rounding and raising the nipples a little. I think the sternal division on your example pic is a bit extreme for someone who is well muscled but not a bodybuilder- I prefer yours as it is, however the clavicular portion of the muscle above the pectoral on that model is rather nicely done. The shoulders on yours are in better proportion now, imho. Good stuff.

# 25 25-06-2003 , 02:34 PM
Hi,

Yet another update. After rebuilding the upper torso I feel it is starting to take shape.

Critz please.

re Jim

Attached Thumbnails

# 26 26-06-2003 , 03:01 PM
Subscriber
The pectoral area is looking much nicer. Are you planning to add the detail above it? You might try making the neck muscles slightly thinner and less pronounced. He's coming along nicely though.

# 27 26-06-2003 , 09:32 PM
great model.
why you model in polys and not in nurbs, I will like to know from a guy like you that can make such a great poly caracter, because I am a student of 3d animation and I love modeling characters

kazama.
www.raularosemena@hotmail.com

# 28 26-06-2003 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
It looks really CooL,,just one thing to add thoe,,Maybe its me but the neck looks kinda long like a babie dall,, But then,, what the hell do I knowuser added image

# 29 27-06-2003 , 12:01 AM
Subscriber
wow, this is incredible! I love it. One thing though, i see that you have extruded a bit on the pupil/iris of the eye.. one thing though, i think it may be a bit too much, like i could notice the bump.. and i dont think you should.. i realise that it is a bit more out then everything else, but i dont think to that degree. I would have to see it textured though.. Wonderful job!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 30 27-06-2003 , 08:16 AM
Hi,

Thanks again guys/girls!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes, the pecs still need work (as does many other areas). the neck muscles need to be defined more and I agree about the neck length too. Will make it shorter also.

Why poly's and not nurbs?

I have 'played' with patch modelling back in version 2 and 2.5 of Maya. I was never very good at it thats all.

I find poly modeling (using CPS script), then using SubD in Maya as a finishing tool the best workflow for me at the moment.

the more I model the more I realise I know very little about anatomy, etc..

Anyway, thanks all again!!!!

re Jim