SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Auto-Tracking w/ Selected Object tool?

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

28-02-2004, 02:07 AM   #1
mpo
Subscriber

Auto-Tracking w/ Selected Object tool?
Curious,

Is there a plug-in tool, or setting that can be tweak in Maya, to make the camera/view track along with a selected object as you're moving it?

Let's say in Orthographic view you're moving an object along an axis... Is there a way to make that Orthographic camera track with the selected object automatically, as you're moving it? That way you're not constantly having to zoom in, zoom out, track and pan with the camera view just to subsequently move an object out of view, when you really want the camera to stay with it.

Is there a way I can set that up, or get a tool that does this?

Thanks
28-02-2004, 05:22 AM   #2
Pony
Subscriber

that would be a idea. I don't think there has ever bean a mel writton for that but that would be the way to get it done.
28-02-2004, 06:15 AM   #3
howardporter
Subscriber

you could create a camera and have the object be the parent of the camera
28-02-2004, 07:50 AM   #4
Pony
Subscriber

I was under the inprestion he wanted it more dynamic in that it moved based off of what ever was selected at the time. Not just one set object.