SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / How to make particles visible in Render

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

20-07-2006, 04:44 AM   #1
ronkhmps
Subscriber

How to make particles visible in Render
hello
I have made a particle system which works fine in maya but
when I render the scene nothing is visible
I even changed the Software Render to hardware render but still same problem.
would anyone please help me?

thanks
01-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
astrocalder

you need to render with the hardware render buffer (window>rendering editors).

when the window opens, select your camera view, and to render go to render > render sequence. remember to set your timeline to the beginning before you render, sometimes if you start halfway through it'll render extra particles that appear twice.