SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / asset management w/out alienbrain

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

13-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
Heatherpol

asset management w/out alienbrain
Hello,
I'm curious if anyone has tried to manage maya files in an asset management system that cannot read maya thumbnail information. I thought I could do jpeg screen grabs and just direct the manager to open the maya file when double-clicked. Is anyone creating maya libraries without using alienbrain?

note: the "how to ask good questions" link leads nowhere, so ignore me if this isn't up to snuff. thanks!