SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Nodes parented under an asset appear twice in the Outliner

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

31-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
grendizer

Nodes parented under an asset appear twice in the Outliner
Hello, nice to be back!
I have a character in my scene and it has an objectSet + a character set.
I put everything inside an asset. So now I can see the main transform node, the object set and the character set are all "children" of the asset.
But as for the object set and the character set : each of them appear twice in the Outliner: under the asset and under the root of the scene. Why? I think it looks confusing. Is there a way to display both these nodes only once: under the asset?
Thanks
Gz

Last edited by grendizer; 31-01-2018 at 04:25 PM.