Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 24-01-2003 , 10:03 AM
Kevin
ahh well danny this is my little secret!

you wouldnt believe if I told you.. maybe I will later, you will be amazed!!

# 17 24-01-2003 , 03:10 PM
Kevin
nah serious now mate lol:

All the groups go under the cube, footLeft say. This has the sdk stuff on it.

Before parenting groups to cube, put cubes center at the heel. When you rotate the footLeft node on the Y axis.. it is like a heel LeftRight and X axis is like heel roll

With me mate.

# 18 24-01-2003 , 07:41 PM
SM Alumni
I think what danny meant was the heel rotating around the x axis (ie lifting the ball and toe off the ground). so when you have the ball roll attr set at -5 its rotating back and lifting the foot.
could be way off though heheh

# 19 24-01-2003 , 08:09 PM
Actually, Kevin, the setup makes sense to me. Even though the cubes hold SDKs for the ball and toe rolls, I think it's ok to have the cube's transforms control the overall foot position and orientation. It's faster to rough out animation this way. Ball and toe rolls are extra details that can be handled with SDKs.

Nevermind me. I'm just whacked in the head. user added image

FYI, I don't usually use SDKs in my foot rigs, so I was just curious why yours was setup the way it was. I tend to hand animate everything.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job