Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-10-2005 , 11:28 PM

way to render

ok my question is simple.i heard about sss shader and mr render.

what is mr render(stg like that) and are there others render techniques if there are ,what are they.

user added image

# 2 27-10-2005 , 01:13 AM
maybe my question is not clear.

# 3 27-10-2005 , 11:21 AM
ok i just find out that mr means mental ray lol.now is there others render technique like sss.

# 4 28-10-2005 , 08:51 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
sss or Sub Surface Scattering (full name) is a shading technique used to emulate transluscence surfaces such as skin.

Jay

# 5 29-10-2005 , 01:07 AM
thanx but is there others shading technique than sss.

# 6 29-10-2005 , 02:36 AM
I think a lot of people here are having a hard time grasping what you're asking.

Maybe give specific instances and we'll explain ways we'd yield the effect?

# 7 29-10-2005 , 12:08 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well Maya comes with a whole load of shaders. All of these have channels that can be mapped with textures, ie; colour and bump and specular are probably the most used.

I dont think you should bog yourself down with the technicalities of whats the best shading technique. I myself use sss very rarely, as its a slow process to set up and achieve correctly.

Also bear in mind that, you can use any type of shader in Maya and still do it/use it badly. Its down to the artist to make best of the tools and experience he/she has to achieve the desired effect.

Jay