Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-02-2004 , 09:14 PM

Fur made my object black

I made a head out of a poly sphere. I added a furdescription. Then I painted a texture to add as a baldness map. However, after adding it and tweeking some options in attr editor for the furdescription (length, color, curl, scraggle, roll), I render it and the hair shows up but the sphere head is completely black. I did disconnect the texture I painted on for the baldness map, and in the hypershade it shows that my skin texture is connected to the sphere. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks! user added image

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it. For some reason the color connection for my material was connected to some utility for color. I deleted this connection and set the color to what wanted. This post could be deleted but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Last edited by discostu; 02-02-2004 at 04:39 AM.