View Poll Results: Do you get payed for your Maya work?
No, I'm just a hobbyist. 12 48.00%
Occationally. I'm a part time freelancer 6 24.00%
Yes, I work in the CG industry. 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 29-04-2010 , 10:32 PM
The Nurb Herd
well, i'm just down on Wardour street at MPC. user added image

# 17 29-04-2010 , 10:37 PM
Hey, I'm in NYC...oh, wait a minute...user added image

Technically, I don't get paid for using Maya but I suppose if I needed to add any 3D elements to a website or design a poster with 3D elements, then yes, I'd be getting paid for using Maya....but it hasn't happened, yet. Just another tool in the belt....no aspirations to start over in the CG Industry.

I do have aspirations to kite-surf across the Atlantic and meet up with y'all for a pint or five.user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 18 30-04-2010 , 03:51 AM
hey guys yeah im in the industry Motion Capture TD in Melbourne and also teaching short courses in Motion capture. Teaching is good though people always need to learn its a really reliable way to stay in the industry. But i still do small freelance gigs on the side, freelance is great to get a project and go from start to finish on it.

# 19 30-04-2010 , 04:04 AM
Lifetime Member
Well Nitro if y'all gonna go there, after a few pints, keep on truckin to Western Australia for a few stubbies and a BBQ. I will even throw a bloody shrimp (prawn people!!) on it for you....bahahahaha

W.A where the beaches are clean, the beer is cold and the babes are hot. Sorry anasasis!!! I love Melbourne but Perth is a tad nicer to the eye.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 20 30-04-2010 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
but western australia is further away from nz, why would you want to go there?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 21 30-04-2010 , 05:49 AM
Lifetime Member
cos its on the way round smarty bum...bahahaha and all of the cuzzies are over here anyway!!! digging holes and founding ore.........bahahahahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 22 30-04-2010 , 08:34 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by kbrown
Came from Double Negative after three and a half years user added image

Just checked out your IMDB - Looks like you worked with someone I was at uni with over at Double Negative "Rhys Salcombe"

# 23 30-04-2010 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber
Like Hammer, I am round the corner at MPC... user added image

cheers,
Chris

# 24 30-04-2010 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
Any of you want to leave the back door open for me then hehe

# 25 30-04-2010 , 01:08 PM

Originally posted by tweetytunes
Just checked out your IMDB - Looks like you worked with someone I was at uni with over at Double Negative "Rhys Salcombe"

I remember Rhys. Didn't work with him directly though...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 26 02-05-2010 , 08:48 AM
Subscriber
I would definetly love to, though atm no. I dont feel too confident just yet, haha.

# 27 02-05-2010 , 09:12 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
I dont, I am going to school now and hope that when I get out I am good enough and get lucky enough to find something

# 28 03-05-2010 , 07:48 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
well the company i was working for went burst so i am in free lance nowadays (hate it as hell) but when life gives you lemons............. so i have been lucky to get three or four jobs a month. I have been working on adverts and archviz stuff mostly nothing purely cg though but with two kids i cant afford to be laid back and choose my jobs

# 29 08-05-2010 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber
Never have done and never will. Motor Mechanic by Trade. The simple reason is as much as i love the idea of it, i'm too lazy to get any good. Apart from the fact that i only installed and opened my version of maya for the first time in about three years last night, i just don't have the concentration span to stay with a project to see it to the end without starting something new or just turning my computer off. However i do have respect for those that due as i realise the time and effort it must take to reach a pro level, so congratz to those that do. user added image

Btw, nice to still see some faces i recognise after all these years away user added image

Last edited by ckyuk; 08-05-2010 at 09:34 AM.