Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 27-09-2004 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber

Help making lightwells for car

Ok, my first nurbs modeling. This is a hood of a car and I need help rounding out the lightwell.

First off, I trimmed off the lightwell with a projection tool using a circle and then I used trim tool to remove it. Now the hood instead of being an isopalm, is a trimmed edge. I was wondering if that would work like an isopalm. I tried using the trimmed edge of the hood's trimmed hole, and the isopalm of the cylinder i'm using for a lightwell to round out the edge of the hole, but it dont work. How do i fix this.

I also tried fillete before this, but it didn't work right so its kind of frustrating. Been messing with it for about 2 hours now and still can't get it right.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-09-2004 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber
Are you useing a tutorial by chance? When I was doing the same thing I had the same problems. In the end I gave up on the aproach, I have never liked fillets though.

So if anyone out there has the answer I would be interested to hear it.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 3 28-09-2004 , 09:57 AM
Hi guys

I am not sure if this will work .. because I myself always face many problems when I model in NURBS .. so I always find out a way to get my self out of it and proceed the work ..
Here we go.
First delete the history of your surface then (its just a habit), then duplicate it and delete the history for the duplicated surface as well now try to do what you wanted to do
Or one other thing convert it to poly then again to NURBS (not recommended)

Hope these help
Have a nice day every one
Saeed AG

Mr_Flamenco™( the Man Who Summoned By Mankind)
# 4 28-09-2004 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
Nope, I'm not doing a tutorial, just a free form thing. I still hadn't figured out the problem yet, I've deleted history for every single patch, nothing works, I hate nurbs, I really do. user added image