Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-07-2011 , 07:20 PM

Forsaken Studios - Looking for talent.

Hello all I have been sent here by one of my artists as I am looking for more talent, I couldn't find the right forum to post this in so apologies up front.

Indie games development company Forsaken Studios are looking to add more talent and professionals to our ever growing team.
The project we are working on is a medieval fantasy themed MMO and with a team of around 35 to 40 dedicated and passionate staff members we are heading for success.
With professionals on board like the ex European Director of EA games we are here to create that dream MMO that so many people have been searching and dreaming for.

We are working on the incredible and professional Vision 8 engine, which has been used for titles such as Gothic 4, Setlers 7, Stronghold 3 and around 200 other titles.

It is a volenteer project right now but we are in motion to pick up an investor within the next 6 to 8 months.
People who join the team are required to sign an NDA and under go a casual interview leading onto a 3 month trial period.

We do not expect people to work day and night when there is no payment involved, we all have familys and lives to live with hectic jobs and children. So we respect that, but if you show commitment and effort to the project then we will be rewarding those as we can then hit our deadlines.

As the Art Director it is my job to look for talent to join my art team, although I have 10 modelers, 3 concept artists and 7 enviromental artists I am still looking to recruit more talent. Here are the positions I am looking for -

Lead concept artist

This person would need to be highly talented in scenery, characters and enviroment illustrations. The candidate would need to be of a professional standard with digital art and have access to Photoshop or any equivalent software package.

Concept artists

As above but of less experience, would still need to have a good understanding of digital art and a talent for drawing in general.

Lead 3D Artist

This person would need to be highly skilled in MAYA or 3dsmax, also good skills in either Zbrush or Mudbox when we come to do the normal maps and cgi. You would need to be skilled in UV mapping and texturing.

3D modelers

Use of MAYA or 3DSmax is essential, skill in UV mapping and texturing also needed.

Lead Animator

Would need to be experienced and have a high understand of how anatomy moves and works. Our team are looking to compete with the best on the market when it comes down to anything that moves.

Animators

Would need to have a talent for animation and look to achieve the highest of standards possible.

Enviromental Artists (Worldbuilders)

These persons will be working on the Vision 8 engine and will be designing enviroments and scenes to fit our game world. Would need to have an eye for detail and an imagination in creating beautiful scenery.

If any of this interests you then please contact me via email leeperkins@forsakenstudios.com.

In your email please add your showreel and past experience.

Now please note that yes there is no payments involved right now as we are paying for the Vision 8 engine, but we have a deadline of 5 months to build our demo to show our investors. Once we do get our investors in place we will be offering the staff that show a lot of dedication a full time job and the opportunity to join the games development industry.

*Our lead programmer is also looking for more talented coders, you would be working with C++ and Lua Script, you can email davebelcher@forsakenstudios.com if interested*

Thank you for your time.

Lee

Game website - www.embersofcaerus.com
Our community forums: https://forums.forsakenstudios.com/index.php
Our business website is www.forsakenstudios.com which will be online in the next few days.

Last edited by Lee Perkins; 03-09-2011 at 11:55 AM.
# 2 26-07-2011 , 07:37 PM
The Nurb Herd
wow, great opportunity for some people here.

# 3 26-07-2011 , 07:54 PM
Thank you, I forgot to add the need for highly skilled animators. We have some animators but they are working on creature models right now.

# 4 04-08-2011 , 02:02 AM
Well I have only picked up two modelers from here so far which I am very happy with.

Thanks all for reading.

# 5 04-08-2011 , 06:03 AM
SM Tea Boy
All the best with your project.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 16-08-2011 , 01:36 PM

# 7 20-08-2011 , 09:12 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
My project has also been looking for 3D Character Modelers/Animators user added image

BTW, I love the video.. What program did you use to capture that? Most of the ones that I find cut down the frame rate (not because of pc issues) which is annoying.

# 8 20-08-2011 , 11:34 PM
Fraps in HD

# 9 21-08-2011 , 12:07 AM
Carbon Studios CEO
I will have to take another look because last time I looked, fraps knocked it down to 30 FPS which causes the video to appear to be lagging..

Edit: I managed to figure out what was happening, I throttled the Frame rate at 60 FPS and everything went smooth. The video had no spikes and recorded awesome at 1080P. Thank you for your help Lee.

Last edited by DragonRift; 21-08-2011 at 09:20 AM.
# 10 21-08-2011 , 09:29 AM
A pleasure user added image

# 11 21-08-2011 , 09:36 AM
Carbon Studios CEO
You can see the video at the bottom of my recruiting topic.

# 12 21-08-2011 , 01:28 PM
Nice, we were with Heroengine but decided to move on fast as they clearly couldn't handle the project we are building.
It's great for WOW style MMO's which limit your movement direction, also nice for games like Fable. user added image

Best of luck with it.

# 13 21-08-2011 , 06:28 PM
Carbon Studios CEO

Nice, we were with Heroengine but decided to move on fast as they clearly couldn't handle the project we are building.
It's great for WOW style MMO's which limit your movement direction, also nice for games like Fable. user added image

Best of luck with it.

We are actually building a completely custom character controller and camera (for play mode).
As for engine quality, the engine is being used for Star Wars The Old Republic MMORPG

# 14 21-08-2011 , 06:33 PM
Yeah I know, but Bioware have customized a majority of the source, the HE community have only got a little of what they did.
Don't get me wrong is a lovely engine, just not powerful enougn for what we aim to achieve, which is a huge seamless world. Even the seamless2 HE had was buggy an un-useable.
We actually felt like we were beta testing their engine for them lol user added image

Mind you we managed to find Vision 8's engine limits as well, something they didn't know themselves haha.

All good fun

# 15 21-08-2011 , 06:41 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
They have Seamless 3.0 coming out this winter, as well as an upgraded renderer some time next year that has not just directx 9.0c but directx 10, directx 11 and opengl 2.1. They are also adding a linux, mac and iphone client as well as making an installer for the web player and adding facebook account integration and facebook hooks. They also have Heroblade 2.0 coming out but have not announced what it is like.

Anyways, this is your recruiting chat... feel free to add me to one of the chats in my contact and we can chat more.

Last edited by DragonRift; 21-08-2011 at 06:45 PM.