SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Project texture from existing image plane

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

28-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #1
Nodrama

Project texture from existing image plane
Hi!
I made a simple animated character by copying a sprite sheet.
I created an orthographic camera as in the old 3/4-view JRPGs (actually used it from one).
Then I imported the sprite sheet via an image plane and placed it in front of the camera accordingly, you know, 45 deg angles on 2 axes.
Then I moved the sprite sheet over the model frame by frame moving the image over the shape and the shape into position and finally got a great animation.
Now my only problem is that I want to experiment slapping on a texture from the same image plane and I can't find how.
I tried graphing the image plane in hypershade but it won't show up. I was thinking...nodes possibly? I have no idea where to start.

Question is: - Is there any way to project a texture from the same image plane onto the model?

I tried importing the same image and scaling it with the planar interactive placement but I can't find the same scale or position for the love of me.

Is there any way I could copy the transforms from my original image plane to the placement node? Or just project from the image plane, linking it somehow? Or anything else really.

Tags
image , plane , project , projection , texture