Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-09-2006 , 11:42 PM

batch render problem.....urgent!!!!

Hey there,

I am having a problem with my batch render.....for some reason everytime I batch render, it will only render the first frame of the sequence correctly and all the rest it won't show all my effects that are controlled via set driven key.....like glow, transparency, eccentricity etc.

Please help someone, I am working on a TVC and my deadline is coming up soon,

Thanks in advance,

Krazyiven

# 2 10-09-2006 , 01:17 AM
Senior Software Developer
I take it that your Set Driven Keys are all animated and that the render options are set to cover multiple frames (1 - <end of animation>). Also are you rendering out a video file or are you doing it as images to composite after? Have you tried a playblast to ensure that everything is OK and that all the animation is working?

Sorry can't really advise much on whats happening until I know more about how the scene is set up. A few screenshots could help to user added image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 10-09-2006 , 01:30 AM
well, i am rendering out images....i will put them together afterwards....not really for compositing...but that is just the way i like to render. I playblasted the scene and it works fine. I just tried one of my other sub-projects under the big one that is giving me the problems and they seem to work fine. It is just this one that seems to render only the first frame on batch and the rest just go without the effects. I tried importing the scene into a new scene and when I tried to batch render it, the batch render hung.

Whatcha think?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 10-09-2006 , 01:32 AM
here is the other file.....the one without the effects

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 10-09-2006 , 02:18 AM
Senior Software Developer
Sounds to me like there is an issue with the scene itself. Can you create a copy and remove the animation/set driven keys and try a few frames to see if it renders ok.

Is there any chance you could pass me the scene files etc.. so I could see for myself?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)