Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-01-2008 , 08:31 PM

Mental Ray rendering - what camera settings?

I'm using Mental Ray to render a particular scene. I've tweeked everything to get it to look exactly the way I want it, but I've been using the Perspective view for test renders.

Now that I'm ready to render through an animated camera, I'm seeing some real problems. When I render through the camera, it's like the contrast is SUPER high and the image is burned out.

Are there settings I can use to make the camera render the same way the perspective view does? Or otherwise, are there settings that I need to change in the camera so that it works with the lighting I've already set up?

# 2 17-01-2008 , 08:43 PM
I could be WAAAY off base here, but I believe your cameras environment/background color might be set to white.

Set it to black and see if that helpsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 18-01-2008 , 08:25 AM
thanks, that was a good suggestion. I checked, though, and it's already set to black. Damn.