Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-11-2016 , 06:26 PM

Skeleton not moving with model in Maya

Hello, I am having an issue with a skeleton and model. Using quick rig in Maya 2017 and a premade, open source model, our team created a skeleton which does move the model in animation. If we drag the head, the head moves and so on. But, if we click on the time slider (as if we were adding in a synchronized voice part) the model rotates ninety degrees but leaves the skeleton where it had originally been rigged. Interestingly, the skeleton does still manipulate the model during animation...it just appears as a separate entity.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. If I have been unclear or vague, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

# 2 11-11-2016 , 12:04 AM
The thin red line
Did you bind the skeleton to the mesh.................dave

# 3 12-11-2016 , 05:06 PM
We attempted to, but are not sure if we did it right. Could you walk us through how to do that please? Also, we used quick rig to do this...would that change it at all?

Last edited by Montala; 12-11-2016 at 09:01 PM.
# 4 04-01-2017 , 06:35 AM
It seems to me you did bind the skeleton to the mesh since you stated you move the head joint and the head moves, there is a connection between the two alright.

The first thing I can think of is the following... click the "Maya" menu on the top left... now click "Preferences"... now clllll the way on the bottom click "Time Slider". Where it says "Playback Speed", change it to "Play every frame", now hit SAVE on the bottom.

That should work, if it doesn't then I would have to see the file, since I'm not sure if you use mocap data or how you originally made the connection between the joints and geometry.

Feel free to check out my website! (:

https://dlopezdemedrano.com