Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-02-2004 , 04:42 PM

Converting a model to painted in photoshop

Hi Guys!!

I'm wondering, I've hear people talk about modeling in maya (i have version 5) and exporting or moving the model into a paint program commonly Photoshop, to create like a reference or create a texture or maybe even painted there and imported again into maya?

I how it is done, is there a free tutorial covering this?

Again thanks for the great help!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 2 12-02-2004 , 06:21 PM
You import the uv capture, not the actual model.

Lungs not guns....
# 3 12-02-2004 , 06:27 PM
Hmm?? You mean a printscreen?

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 4 12-02-2004 , 06:40 PM
no, you have to make the 3d mesh into a 2d representation (or misrepresentation as the case may be! user added image) of the mesh. You then export this as a image file and bring it into photoshop etc. Once you've painted it then it will map straight back onto your model in Maya (assuming you dont change the model).

Look on the web for basic uv mapping tutes, there may even be a free video one here O'm not sure.

Failing that goto mike's site and look at the one there. www.mtmckinley.net

It's hard to master this process but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 12-02-2004 , 06:48 PM
thanks Morning!!!!