Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-04-2006 , 01:04 AM
Subscriber

thicker line around an outside edge of shapes? how to enable?

im new to maya and did search but wasnt really sure what i was exactly searching for....but in some of the tutorials i watched on here (interior modeling) all of his outside edges are a thicker weight than the normal edges, seams especially helpful when merging verticies. sorry if this is a stupid question but how do i eneable this? is it a plugin? or just an option that needs to be turned on?

thanks in advance

# 2 11-04-2006 , 10:56 AM
Ok - what you do is go to Window > settings / preferences > preferences > then select polygons in the left hand box and then tick the box that says highlight border edges and increase the order width in the slider below as needed.

Hope this helps! user added image

# 3 13-04-2006 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
thank you, i appreciate it. should make a few things a bit easier.....i probobly should beeen able 2 figure that answer out but im still getting use to the interface. thanks again

# 4 13-04-2006 , 04:12 PM