Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-12-2004 , 04:22 AM
Subscriber

Making studs on wheels

I am working out of the book " Introducing Maya 6 3D for Beginners" I am doing the catapult. I am in the process of making the wheels.

I have made the wheel. I have extruded every other face of the wheel to make the studs. Now heres the problem.

I have all the extruded faces selected. I select the scale tool to form the spikes but when I go to scale them all of the faces go in every other direction. How do i scale them to make them uniform all the way around the wheel.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp wheel2.bmp (251.1 KB, 187 views)
# 2 28-12-2004 , 09:08 AM
I think it has to do with the face's pivot point(s). If you place the pivot of each face in the middle of the face, it should go right (I guess).
Also it's a good idea to group them before scaling.

# 3 28-12-2004 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber
Not sure if this should make any difference, but try scaling them using the extrude manipulator... Just click one of the scale icons and then click and drag from the middle of the manipulator... Just tried it and it worked fine for me

# 4 29-12-2004 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
Thank You Blomkaal! It worked out great I would have never thought to use the extrude tool. I was trying to use the scale tool. user added image