Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-06-2006 , 10:26 PM

Full Body IK

I am not sure how familiar people are with Maya 7's full body ik, but does anyone have any opinions on it for animation? I am having a really hard time animating my character with it (not even really moving) and I know it is because I am not even animating right.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for animating with full body ik?

Thanks guys!

# 2 16-06-2006 , 12:58 AM
Subscriber
I am not sure if this helps,

I am doing a course in 2d animation, however my tutor works in the game industry with maya and max. He told me that you always animate the pelvis first, because it is where all the thrust comes from. Then you build up from that step by step by taking more bodyparts into account.

good luck

# 3 16-06-2006 , 01:51 AM
Thank you.

That is good advice, but I am looking to see if anyone has used full body IK and can give me advice on how to use it to animate.

Thanks though.

# 4 17-06-2006 , 10:40 PM
Ok, so no one has responded, but I have found a VERY cool script for FBIK. If anyone is interested it is called FBIK Charactercontrol 1.2.2.

It is an awesome script.

I am just having problems getting the FK to key once I do FBIK. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!