Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-08-2011 , 05:53 PM

Display Issue ...

I’m working with Maya 2012 (with the latest update) on a Mac Pro (10.6.7. ,Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 3.2 GHz, 32 GB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600) and am having an issue with the pop-up display when right-clicking any node in the Hypershade. The problem is all the lines of text overlap each other. I can work around this by continually right-clicking the node until the pop-up menu displays properly, but that is obviously a real pain. Any ideas out there ???

Attached Images
# 2 17-08-2011 , 05:55 PM

Display Issue ...

This may be a related issue. I cannot open the “Render View” window unless I click the Render button. Going through Window>Render Editors>Render View, or clicking the Render View button in the tool bar at the top does nothing. I get the Error message I’ve attached.
Anyone running a Mac, or anyone in general, having these issues ?

Attached Images
# 3 18-08-2011 , 12:48 AM
Technical Director
I'm guessing this still happens after closing, and re-opening Maya? Are you using dual-monitors? Pull the hypershade onto your main monitor, and exit Maya. Try opening it now. Sometimes it gets messed up if it's being dragged from one window to another, or starts on the non-primary monitor. Try disabling your second monitor (not just turn off) and see if the problem arises then.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 18-08-2011 , 01:59 PM

Display Issues ...

Only running one monitor at the moment so thats not an issue I'm going to delete my Maya preferences, about the only thing I haven't tried, and see if that resolves the problem.