Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-10-2004 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber

Lamborghini Murcielago

user added image

Hi all,
this model is done in maya with poly-subd modeling and MR for rendering! critics and comments are welcome user added image ! Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian user added image

# 2 27-10-2004 , 11:49 PM
this is a finished work thread not a wip.. no reference pictures allowed......

kidding:p

thats amazing work man... the only thing i can think of to crit is that the car still looks kind of cg on the road there.. but you have to look pretty hard to see it

AIM: Psuedo Realizm
# 3 28-10-2004 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
amazing
so incredibly photorealistic
the only, ONLY thing that i can even suggest as to help it out would be the headlight lens, it doesn't quite convince me that it is real, but then again ive only seen one murcielago in real life so i can't really speak.

Last edited by Turbo Dan; 28-10-2004 at 04:54 AM.
# 4 28-10-2004 , 12:20 PM
damn nice !

looks a bit too perfect and the reflection is a bit too high in my opinion (anyway I couldn't do it better^^).

but it looks photorealistic !

Last edited by FubaR; 29-10-2004 at 01:31 PM.
# 5 28-10-2004 , 04:04 PM
Subscriber
All I can say.....

WOW

The reflections is what makes it look photorealisti.

# 6 01-11-2004 , 12:29 PM
gallery? yes!

# 7 02-11-2004 , 01:25 AM
I dont know what some of you peopel are on.. but its not photprealistic at all. Granted it has the potention but ive seen cars with lights on all sides of them freshy polished that didnt have a shine like that...

* The road looks blatantly fake. The color, texture, everything. I'de say it should be completely redone.

* The reflections are WAY too high.

*Black isnt the best color to use for a car especially to show it off ass the only detail you can see is on highlights. To get a better idea of what the car looks like may i suggest a yellow to get decent details to show.

*The headlights look weird, not sure where but something. Maybe a different angle shot.

Why its not photorealistic:
The things that jump at me as soon as i look at it, the hood looks fake, too diffuse, bland, something doesnt seem right.

Its only reflecting light, not anything else. If a car is so shiny that it reflects every light around... how come i cant see the horizon or the roads reflection in it?(yes you can see some, but they arent distorted enough or reflected correctly IMO) You can see what look slike a tree in the reflection... but you only see a road, and the reflection orientation of the tree looks like it should be practically above the car...

The back side panel behind the drivers side window looks wrong. Like no light at all is touching it. How?

The car looks like it was rendered with a toonshader(i think the black texture causes this mostly)

NO im NOT saying this was bad, i think its a very good model from what i can see, and this happends to be one of my favourite cars from my favourite maker. However if the texture problems are fixed it would be remarkably better. Dont mean to offend, but right now i disagree with photoquality. And not gallery either IMO.

***** the shadows. They dont blend correctly, too uniform.

# 8 02-11-2004 , 09:07 PM
It's amazing!
It`s a very good job man!
It shines like new. I love the reflections. It's like look a photo

# 9 02-11-2004 , 09:24 PM
hey is it possible to ge a 1024x768 render of that? i would really love that as my desktop

# 10 03-11-2004 , 10:13 AM
Subscriber
Thank you guys for all comment!!
Sorry for delay of my answer, but I am working to other projects,
the Lamborghini has been done in 10 days during my leisure time,
and it's for this motive that I agree the critics of twisteddragon33!
user added image about the texturing, reflections ,ecc...for this project, needs to devote more time to be really appreciated!!

# 11 03-11-2004 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber
two words that crossed my mind when I opened this thread...

'wow' and 'toonshader?'

I agree with twisted.. but further more...nice car! user added image

# 12 03-11-2004 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber
that is well on its way to a great model. I think the highlights are a little strong, and as for the road, I would just get a picture of a road then, render the car out as a targa, then add the car to the road in photoshop. Again nice job!

- Kaiser

# 13 03-11-2004 , 08:23 PM
Subscriber
Wow, what do you say to something like this.... :speechles

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 14 03-11-2004 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber
Can't see what everyone's getting so worked up about, it's good but it's not great. However this could just be the render as i can't see any detail just lots and lots of highlight. That's my opinoin anyway, although everyone seems to disagree.

# 15 10-11-2004 , 11:09 AM
nice jobuser added image