Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-11-2006 , 12:53 PM
Subscriber

Installing a plugin?

I am having trouble getting my X ray plugin to work. what is the step by step procedure in doing this.I would appreciate any advice.

# 2 25-11-2006 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
You just need to copy the .Mel file into the My Documents->maya->X.Y->scripts directory, if i'm not mistaken.

Failing that, you could also open the script in a text editor then copy it all to the clipboard(Ctrl-Insert). Next you'd open the script editor in maya, before clicking on the bottom pane. You'd then paste the script file (shift-insert) into the script editor. From there, you'd select all of the text and then drag up to the shelf of your choice.(using the middle mouse button)

I've just played around a bit to test this, and if you copy the following text into the script editor, and from there middle mouse drag it up to the shelf, you'll have a new button that toggles the xray in one of the panels. The top right in my case.

// toggles xray status of modelPane4
int $xraystat;
$xraystat = eval("modelEditor -q -xray modelPanel4");
if ($xraystat == 1) $xraystat=0;
else $xraystat=1;
modelEditor -e -xray $xraystat modelPanel4;

Adding the three lines

modelEditor -e xray $xraystat modelPanel1;
modelEditor -e xray $xraystat modelPanel2;
modelEditor -e xray $xraystat modelPanel3;

to the end of the above code will set the xray mode of all four panes to be the inverse of the current mode of pane4. To truely toggle the four panes it'd just be a matter of repeating the first code fragment 4 times, one for each panel.

# 3 26-11-2006 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber

Thanx

I appreciate your help.I was having a hard time,but I have it now.Thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!

# 4 26-11-2006 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
That's okay.

Thanks to you I now have a shelf button for xray. I use it too infrequently to have been bothered to look for and download it, so looks like we both win.
user added image

Simon